Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Water and Hot Days

It was pretty hot today so I thought "This is the perfect day to work with belle on her hose/water issue!" and it was definitely perfect!

Lol, so belle HATES the hose, her mother however seeks it out and likes to get all nice and wet and enjoy a roll, not belle, as soon as that hoses comes out she heads for the hills, and I've never been able to give her a bath. I think the last time I played with her with the hose was about 2 years ago or so. I didn't expect today to go well AT ALL, but it went extremely well. She never really got too upset and when she started to move I just stayed with her until she stopped (yay for approach and retreat). By the end she was eating grass and I was spraying her tail and butt without her moving. I call that a good way to end.

I put her back in the field, let her roll, then put her fly sheet back on.

GOOD NEWS!!!
My grandpa Dee came through with two drags for the arena for us. Apparently some people had them at this farm down the road and grandpa dee went and got them, I have no idea what they're like or what shape they're in, but they'll probably work just fine. I'm really happy because the hard dirt is really hard on legs, especially old legs like Okies.

No comments: