Friday, July 4, 2008

Belles of...joy?

I've been playing with Belle again the past couple of days (consistency..I know, I need some of it, but with the gaming show, drill practices and riding steel, belle got put on the back burner). The little beauty can be such a beast... but I love her anyways. My session with her on tuesday was..well.. not so good. It started out ok, and I think that I just start asking too much and she gets confused and then defiant, where she doesn't even try and then I ask harder, and then realize what I'm doing and its just like..AHHHHHH!!!! and she's up in the air half the time rearing.

I've also made my horse ridiculously one sided. She gets so confused about stuff on the off side, and its awkward to me when I do that..so heres my game plan

1) Read belle more, just PAY MORE ATTENTION to what she is telling me
2) Take the time it takes, recongnize a try
3) Don't focus on one thing too much
4) Release my pressure when she starts to paw, because when she does that, that means its some sort of threshold, and when I push her, there she goes up in the air.
5) UPDATE MY BLOG AFTER EVERY SESSION!!!

p.s. there was one good thing out of these sessions, last nigtht I played some stick to me online, and she cantered with me, even though she was a little frazzled, head throwing and stuff she still did it.

1 comment:

Lucy said...

Congratulations with getting her to canter with you, it must've been an awesome feeling.
Updating after every play session sure takes some self-discipline, good luck with it!