Tuesday, July 8, 2008

A Good Session!?!?!?!?

*dies* I had a decent session with Belle last night. I really love that little black mare even though she is my struggle and sometimes I just want to give up.
I took her out and lead her to the trailer to tie her up, take off her fly sheet and put some spray on her(except we're out of spray.. grr), and my saddle was in the trailer and I had never put it on her before--my barrel saddle I got for xmas--. And I know that the more times I saddle her, the better she will be, the more it will be a non-issue. So I saddled her, she didn't move around or anything, and lol, even though she was tied, it was a veeeerrrrryyyyy long tie, though it was soon to become a short rope because she was chewing on it.. anyways, my saddle seems to fit her pretty good, I thought that it might be a little too narrow, but I think it will be alright. and it looks very smexy on her.

Took her out to the arena and made her move around a little, tightened the cinch the rest of the(she didn't even notice) and did some more stuff, some circling, some sideways, ect. She desperatly wants something to stand on, lol.. she kept trying to stand on the barrels, which you can imagine, doesn't really work out too well.
then I was like.. what next? I know! I'll work on mounting because last time we were riding her regulary she got really bad about not standing still. Well, she was perfect. i did it from both sides, and I think it could be because my saddle doesn't roll completly over her back like the hook saddle did.

my sports medicine boots were hanging from my stirrups and I realized I had never put those on her before so I decided to.. LOL.. she was like WHAT is on my leg? Can I eat it?? then when I had her move she was steping all high in the air. It was pretty funny.

No comments: