Monday, November 17, 2008

Picky Eater

I think me and this horse are made for each other....
"Hi, my name is Carissa and I'm a picky eater."
-Hi, Carissa
"Hi, my name is Nic and I'm a picky eater"
-Hi, Nic.

I noticed that he didn't want to eat an apple I gave him when he was sickly, and then yesterday he wouldn't eat the carrots. Then today he wouldn't eat the horse treats that all of our other horses LOVE. He would lip at them, pick them up, not chew and spit them out. ARG. So I asked Dad to pick me up some BerryGoods, because I know he likes those, the owner was giving him them when we bought him.

Today's session- good. Played with the principle games more. He's good with yielding HQ, but not FQ, telling me he's a bit more of a dominate horse. Still not horrible though, not rearing or anything, and he does move, just not willingly, and I think a lot of it is that he doesn't understand. Played a lot more friendly because he's kinda jumpy about the stick and string. I walked backwards with him at the end of the rope, swinging the stick and string over the rope, like Pat does all the time with the demo horses. Played with porky as well, that was OK. Once again, better with the HQ. I also worked with desensitizing him to a cell phone, lol. I had the music go off on my phone a couple times while holding where I would be while riding, he was a little iffy about that, but when it was by his face, he wanted to eat my cell phone. Also was lipping the CS when I let him investigate it. Seems to be a curious horse. He got distracted when JJ came up to the water tank because he really bonded with her, but just got his attention back when some driving and yo-yo. Shows tongue when he licks and chews.

No comments: