Sunday, November 16, 2008

First session with "Nic"

I took a few pictures before I caught him, but they're crappy, so none for now.

Nic wouldn't let me catch him the other night when I wanted to put a blanket on him, so I decided to go out today and make friends with him, lol, well he just walked right over. Apparently, he doesn't like carrots or apples.. but I think mostly he doesn't know what they are. He will not eat them, he eventually started to lip at the carrot piece, but never ate. All of this time JJ is chowing down on the carrots.

I took him into the little field and just did a little friendly with swinging the rope over his back. He was a little nervous about that, and then I did some lowering his head by combing the rope and he was great about that. However, lowering his head by pressing behind his ears he doesn't like and doesn't understand yet, probably will improve with more porky game. Also, put the rope around his front leg, he leads by a leg pretty good. Well, didn't do much leading, but he would lift it up and bring it forwards, I decided that was enough. Did a little driving and porky, both were better on the "on" side, no surprise there.

I honestly didn't do that much because I was soooooo exhausted. This whole week has been draining like no other. Want a run through? Okay.
Sunday- get up at 4 am to leave by 5am to get nic.
get there 5 hours later, buy horse, go home
get home at like 6-7ish, horse colics
In the barn until like midnight.
Monday- don't go to school, but stressing over nick all day, then had a tech rehearsal for the play
starting at 6.
Tuesday- relaxed mostly, and did lots of homework
Wednesday- school, dress rehearsal for play, got home LATE
Thursday- School, first night of play, once again, LATE
Friday- School, 2nd night of play, late.
Saturday- get up early for drill practice from 9-11
First show for play at 1
2nd show at 7
Then went to Jack in the Box afterwards for a long time to hang with Ash, Kevin and Cory. I'M TIRED!!!

No comments: