Sunday, June 22, 2008

It FINALLY happened!!!

Well, Two things actually...

1) The arena got leveled yesterday!!!!! This is amazing because we talked to the contracter more than a year ago, and its just know gotten done, but whatever, because its done! woot! Megan had the first hoof prints in it, and Okie got the first ride, that was fun, lol, in a flat halter and crappy leadrope, me wearing flip flops and Bruce still on the Cat finishing stuff up behind the barn.


2) I went out to get Megan to move her off the grass and I ended up giving her to gma so I could just mess around with Belle. Belle ended up doing circling game and change of directions at LIBERTY(!!!) without running off(!!!!!!!!!!x10). She has never done that before, so that was really big, she was being super sweet and nice last night, still protesting the change of directions, not seriously though because if she didn't want to do then she could have just run off like she normally does at liberty. Oh, and this was in one of our big fields, not one of the little ones.

I also went to a gorge girls drill practice with Okie yesterday. That went really well, and for seeing the pattern for the first time, I think I did really well, and I'm now an alternate. Yay. It's fun and it gives me more chances to ride Okie and get the beast in shape. I'll probably not take Okie to fair at all, because g-ma said that larry wants to me show Steel as well as game him. I might be riding him this coming weekend at a gaming show, and if I do, gma is going to take Okie and just mess around, not hardcore run or anything.

1 comment:

Karie said...

Nice to play on flat ground, hugh
Great shot of your horse jumping the barrel.