Sunday, August 24, 2008

The past couple days...

..have been depressing, fun, hard, sweaty, full of acomplishment.. and I don't know what else. I feel really emotionally detached after my near breakdown when we took Steel back after fair. I've been pretty down about that, but other things have been good.
I finally went to go look at a horse the other day.
Name: Maddox
Age: 8
Breed: TB
Color: Bay
Height: 16 hands or so
History: Came off the track, ran a lot, but came off sound, and wasn't ran into the ground. Tamara bought him as an english prospect, then got interested in the western side of things, her friend said he wasn't exactly what she would use for barrel racings and such, and he's been ridden enough, but not consistently. Has been on trails and all that. Owner says he's usually laid back (wasn't when I rode him)

My opinion: I'm not sure.. I definitly need to go look at him again, and have larry come out with me and see what he thinks of him, I need to ride him again, and decide if his high head is something I want to deal with, not that I haven't had to deal with that before, lol (OKIE). Maddox really had some GO when I rode him, but like I said, tamara said he's usually more laid back.
---Enough about Maddox-----

I rode Belle last night!!! It went pretty good. She didn't really want to go forward, but she did, and she kicked out a couple of times when i asked her too, but thats just her little protest thing, and I didn't really feel any fear come up when she did that. She kept stopping at the same places in the arena, but she backs up well and definitly will stop! lol, going is the problem. But she was yawning and getting rid of some endorphins, its been a LONG time since she's been ridden. I hope that she will get this whole forward concept with more riding, she's just sooooooooo green. This is where I wish there was someone to give her 30 days, just the basic Walk, Trot, and Canter. and then I could take it from there.

No comments: