Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Busy and a hot Fair week..session with Belle yesterday

Fair went ok. Actually, it was pretty good for the amount I've gotten to work with mr. steel this summer. Showmanship we got a red because being a LAZY LBI he fell asleep in line, and even though I tried to wake him up, he wouldn't trot out of line, BUT he did trot with me on the off side. It was funny though, he was so asleep that he grunted as I tried to get him to trot, lol.
I got a blue in western, red in bareback, and red in english, and a red in trail. Trail went pretty good though, better than Okie has ever done, so that was really nice.
Gaming was either hit or miss like usual. He's just not consisitent at all. I won barrels, YAY. with a time on 16.3. I ended up with 2 blues, 2 reds, and 2 whites. So when it came to state, I'm 3rd alternate, which means I could get called. I am going up for judging and groom squad as well. We won groom squad again, yay.

The session with belle yesterday, was... amusing. She was SOOO full of LBE energy it was crazy. We played with sideways a lot, she is getting better with that offside, but she still doesn't get going sideways over a barrel from that off side at all, the on side however, is perfect. She's missed me playing with her. I know that because when i was getting another cavellti pole before I got her, she saw me and came RUNNING up the pasture looking at me like "PLAY?!?!?!???" and then she broke away from me during a LBE buck, fart, run thing, but she stopped quickly and I just said "Belle" and she came trotting back to me (this is with no fence around the arena). It was then I decided to just take her down to the little fenced field, turn her loose and encourage her to get rid of some energy and fat. With that fun little time she did some really good stick to me's and a couple times cantering back to me.

No comments: