Wednesday, January 28, 2009

I suck at updating..

..well, I have a sort-of excuse, BUSY!!! Between the play and equestrian team practices I haven't had a chance to update. Nic has been doing better since the post below. He has been great at the gaming practices, with a little snotty-ness, but not bad, but at drill he started out ok on the ground, then got kinda bad, and Kendra hopped on him for me, he humped up a little when she got on, but then he was fine. She rode him for a little bit and he didn't do anything, so I hopped on and had a pretty good practice with him. He needed some reminding that he can't kill the other horses and the other horses are not going to kill him. I've been trying to teach him showmanship, and so far that going pretty well. He'll trot with me on both sides about 90% of the time, and is starting to understand how to square up. Haunch turns are still bleck, but hey, he's learning, and a lot of that has to do with his lack of knowledge about the porcupine game.

No comments: