Sunday, December 28, 2008

Changes...

After a chat with one of my best friends, Fran, I got to thinking about change. How change affects everyone, and how things change without us realizing it. One major thing I've noticed is how I notice changes so much more since starting parelli 3 years ago. Not only do I notice the changes in horses, but changes in people.

So here are some changes that are happening currently, or have ust recently changed:
-My dads company is being sold to another company who is shipping the equipment to Mexico, therefore my dad is out of the job soon. He has worked at this company for about 25 years.

-Nic is becoming more of a people horse. Since he has been locked in a stall for 2 weeks or less (crazy amounts of snow, 6+ft foot drifts), I have been doing little stuff in the stall with him. I've played with bridling, mouth handling, and porky and friendly. He's really making a change. He always has his ears up towards us and is just more into everything. Last night I played with bridling and worming practice. The bridling went even better than last time, and he got some of his favorite berry goods. Then I found an old, empty paste wormer tube that still smelled like wormer, so we went to work on that. He was actually not that bad, compared to when we brought him home and we were trying to get banamine down him. I got him where I got easily put the tube and his mouth and hold it there until he stopped licking so much. So today I am going to try and worm him for real, because he needs it.

1 comment:

coc_parelli said...

Hey Carissa!

I just stumbled upon your blog, I can't believe I forgot to 'follow' yours when I looked on NN.

Nic sounds like he is settling in! Good luck with the worming...and all that snow. You guys definitely have a lot more than we do. We got the major cold temps though. Ick.

I love your top pic. I think of Belle. What a jumper! :)

Talk to you later!

Savvy Out,
Olivia, Cocoa, and Dixie