Tuesday, October 14, 2008

"Whoa..."

"There are no garden tools in my barn, the word is 'woah!' not 'hoe'! "

Lol.. so, that was the quote of the day on saturday when I was trying out another horse. 'twas funny, and I really liked the horse, and then she came down $1000 on the price to $2500, so we're thinking about him. I want to go ride him again and have larry look at him, and its nice because, for once, this horse is local!! yay. Back to the quote, I tend to say "ho" when I'm riding a horse that does voice commands, and rocket listens to Whoa, and when I finally got that through my brain he stopped really really nice.

I had a good session with Mr. Okie last night. I played with more sideways without a fence, because he still wants to leak forward especially on the off side. Played with a little circling, which wasn't that great because he kept coming in, but thats not that bad, considering what he used to do, lol. Then i hopped on and worked a lot on him stopping with just my body and the savvy string around his neck. also, on following my focus. With that I actually got a couple pretty good trot to halt tranistions basically bridleless (obviously still had the halter with reins, we're not ready to be naked, lol)

No comments: